A valuable aid to your developing a viable OHSMS Project Plan - to aid you start on time, finish on time and leave nothing vital out.
The ISO 45001:2018 Implementation Model developed by deGRANDSON Global
The 33 Steps to ISO 45001 Implementation is the model we have developed for implementing an occupational health & safety management system (OHSMS) to meet the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and to securing accredited Certification.
So where does it come from?
The International Standards Organisation (ISO) has published one standard only that focuses on developing and implementing an organization's OHSMS. But it divides into two parts:
- The OH&S Management System Standard, ISO 45001:2018: This standard is the specification for an OHSMS. It specifies the requirements of an OH&S management system for organizations seeking to establish implement and maintain a framework for the occupational health and safety of workers and others who can be affected by its activities. And to promote and protect their physical and mental health.
- ISO 45001:2018, Annex A: Guidance on the use of this document. We mention this Annex to the Standard seperately as it is often ignored and the very useful guidance it contains not studied.
To help make sense of it all from an OHSMS Implementer/Project Manager’s viewpoint we have developed the 33-Step Infographic.
After downloading, please study it carefully and note…
- It’s a PDF file for you to print and/or save as you wish.
- The main headings throughout have numbers in brackets (e.g. #12) to indicate Step number.
- The numbers in brackets at the bottom of each activity box (e.g. 8.1 & 10.1) is the Clause Number(s) corresponding to the requirement that is being addressed by the activity in question.
For ease of understanding the 33 steps have been set out in a simple sequence. In reality you will frequently be working on several steps simultaneously. This will help reduce the overall timescale for the project. When project planning with your project team, you should seek out and document such opportunities.
This infograhpic is the foundation for our ISO 45001 Lead Implementer Course. This course includes a 100+ page Implementation Handbook and a comprehensive ISO 45001 documentation toolkit. See also our ISO 45001 Courses series.