A valuable aid to your developing a viable EMS Project Plan - to aid you start on time, finish on time and leave nothing vital out.
The ISO 14001 2015 Implementation Model developed by deGRANDSON Global
The 29 Steps to ISO 14001:2015 Implementation is the model we have developed for implementing an environmental management system (EMS) to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and to securing accredited Certification.
The International Standards Organisation (ISO) has published two standards that focus on developing and implementing an organization's EMS:
- The environmental management system standard: ISO 14001:2015. This standard is the specification for an EMS. It specifies the requirements of an environmental management system for organizations seeking to establish implement and maintain a framework to contribute to sustainable development by…
- protecting the environment, including preventing pollution
- demonstrating their commitment to satisfy compliance obligations, and
- delivering environmental performance improvement.
- ISO 14004: 2016, EMS – General guidelines on principles, systems and support techniques. This standard provides an extensive body of knowledge on all aspects of an EMS and has copious examples from which you can draw.
To help make sense of it all from an EMS Implementer/Project Manager’s viewpoint we have developed the 29-Step Infographic.
After downloading, please study it carefully and note…
- It’s a PDF file for you to print and/or save as you wish.
- The main headings throughout have numbers in brackets (e.g. #12) to indicate Step number.
- The numbers in brackets at the bottom of each activity box (e.g. 8.1 & 10.1) is the Clause Number(s) corresponding to the requirement that is being addressed by the activity in question.
For ease of understanding the 29 steps have been set out in a simple sequence. In reality you will frequently be working on several steps simultaneously. This will help reduce the overall timescale for the project. When project planning with your project team, you should seek out and document such opportunities.Visit To select your ISO 14001:2015 Auditor Course to see all training program options.