We're often asked about it and, even though we're not a Certification Body - our business is e-training - here's the process for securing Certification for your ISO 9001 or other Management System
To obtain an ISO Certificate for your organization you will need to engage the services of a Certification Body and go through an ISO Certification Process.
Our infographic will take you through that process and answer some frequently asked questions, including:
- - What is the nature of this process?
- Are all Certification Bodies the same?
- How many steps are involved?
- How long will our Certification last?
- How often will we be audited?
- Is the process different for different Standards?
To begin answering these questions, we have prepared an infographic taking you through the 12 steps involved in the ISO Certification Process.
Whichever Standard you wish to be Certified against - ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, etc. - the process is the same and involves you using the services of an independent third-party, a Certification Body, to confirm your full compliance with the Standard’s requirements.
We begin at the point where your management system has been developed, implemented and is now being maintained. The infographic then takes you through the 12 steps involved with hints and tips to ease your journey. Enjoy!
To get a Copy of the ISO Certification Process Infographic
- Click on the infographic to open an enlarged image in Pinterest.
- On Pinterest, right-click on the image, select 'copy' and then paste to your own Desktop.
- You can now save and/or print the infographic as you wish.
To aid you in ISO 9001 Implementation...
You should consider...
- Our ISO 9001:2015 Lead Implementer Course with its 100+ page Implementation Handbook,
- The Infographic '33 Steps to ISO 9001:2015 Implementation', and
- Our Blog 'ISO 9001:2015 and Risk-based Thinking - some practical advice'.
Note: First published in June 2017; updated September 2020