Our e-Training Courses deliver real-time interactive content in a secure web-based environment and suited to the needs of the individual learner and of organisations of any size
An impressive opening statement I’m sure you’ll agree but what does it mean in the real world where, in these dangerous times for all humanity and difficult times for almost all businesses, every penny spent on learning and development must be justified.
Let us begin by considering the fact that adults learn differently.
e-Training vs. e-Learning
In the design and development of our online e-Training courses we researched extensively the strengths and weaknesses of e-Learning and took cognizance of modern understanding of Adult Education. The result, we hope, are attractive and engaging courses suited to the adult learner.
The conventional e-learning method is to deliver a lesson, often very attractive and interesting in itself, but then NOTHING. Little learning takes place. Frequently the lesson is no more that videos requiring no active participation – the Talking Head!
deGRANDSON training takes a very different approach intended to engage your interest, explore the topic in different ways, and ensure that significant learning occurs - experiential learning.
You'll consequently have improved retain the information, and later be better able to recollect and apply what you've learned. When taking one of our e-Training Courses, you will find that we take a four-tier approach, that is, we provide you with layers of learning building one upon another.
Our 4-tier e-Training Model
Tier 1: The Lesson
Here you are provided with the facts, processes and procedures included in the lesson. The instruction requires the active participation by you, the Learner.
Tier 2: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this Tier you will find many 'what-if' questions, to reinforce what you have learned by exploring its practical application. Based on the feedback of previous Learners, the questions come from the 'real world' and focus on practical rather than theoretical issues.
Tier 3: The Quiz
This Tier further deepens your knowledge of the lesson by posing a series of questions to challenge your understanding of its content. And gives feedback to the Learner as to how well the lesson content was understood. Lessons can be repeated as often as the Learner wishes.
Tier 4: Scenarios
In this final tier you will learn to apply the skills and knowledge you gained in the preceding three tiers. The many short- and long-term Scenarios presented are unique to e-learning with deGRANDSON Global and help bridge the void between theory learnt in a classroom-like situation and the practice, and challenge, of face-to-face auditing.
For more information about our e-training methodologies, visit our FAQs on e-Training.
Courses divided into Modules divided into Lessons
And here are the specifics of our approach:
- Learner-centred Content: Courses structured to engage and maintain Learner interest. e-Training focussed on modern methods of adult education. And not just a set of videos - the dreaded Talking Heads!
- Full Audio Narration: every screen is narrated to reinforce, and add detail to, the information presented.
- Closed Captions (optional): on-screen display of the full audio narration.
- Many Visual Aids: flowcharts and diagrams to enhance and inform the visual experience.
- Easy-to-follow Course Structure: Each Course is delivered in three modules – Module 1: Auditing Skills, Module 2: Knowledge of the Standard & Module 3: Scenarios. The modules are divided into a number of Lessons each of 15 – 20-minute average duration.
- Course Materials (including terms and definitions): Each Course has its own series of support documents, flowcharts, diagrams etc. which can be printed or saved to your own device for referencing later or for easy searching.
- Documentation Toolkit: Comprehensive toolkits are included, at no extra charge, with all Lead Implementer Courses in addition to step-by-step Implementation Handbooks.
- FAQs: at the end of each lesson are the answers to frequently asked questions so that learners may benefit from the experience of other learners.
- Quizzes: to complete each lesson there is a quiz to enable the learner to check the extent and depth of their learning. If incorrect or inadequate answers are given, automatic remediation takes the learner back to the areas of difficulty. The option to repeat the lesson is also available.
- Online Examinations at no extra cost: at the conclusion of each of the three modules (sets of lessons) an on-line examination of 40 to 60 min is given.
- Certificates Available Online: on successful completion of all three module examinations there is immediate online availability of the auditor’s Course Certificate and at no extra charge.
- Full Book-marking: learners can leave a lesson at any time and subsequently resume where they left off whether on a different day, a different location or a different device. The learner is provided with a true 24/7 learning experience – any place, any time, any device.
Experience for yourself our e-Training Methods
All who Log-in to our Course Delivery site can try this revised Lesson for free. It has been updated to:
- reflect the changes in Standards in the past five years and
- the improvements we have introduced into our e-Training methods.
It will be of interest to:
- Those seeking help in identifying what ISO Auditor Course they should select for themselves.
- Those wishing to experience our e-Training methods.
- HR Managers, Quality Managers and others wondering if e-Training is a viable alternative to conventional training.